Healthcare Like It Should Be
When you visit Direct Primary Care of Louisville, you’ll receive health and wellness care from a doctor and practice which blends the intensely personal aspect of time-honored healthcare with all of the advancements and benefits of modern care; This is done by utilizing an innovative model that is becoming increasingly popular in the United States called Direct Primary Care (DPC).
By cutting out the high administrative cost and effort of operating a traditional insurance-based primary care practice, time and resources can be spent on the patients.
As a DPC physician, Dr. Erica Williams focuses on providing healthcare designed to meet your specific medical needs and wellness goals without involving the unnecessary hassle of insurance companies. Your monthly membership fee covers services like annual physicals, chronic disease management, wellness education, weight management, and coordination of care with specialists, when needed. There are no co-pays and you will get to take advantage of wholesale-priced labs.
The monthly membership fee allows Dr. Williams to limit the number of patients she sees, thus allowing more time for providing comprehensive and personalized care.
Office visits will be longer, your wait times will be significantly shorter and you will leave happier in pursuit of a healthier lifestyle. While paying a membership fee to see your primary care physician of choice may seem unconventional, we believe you will find the benefits well worth the affordable cost.
Included in Monthly Fee
- Access to Dr. Williams by phone and email
- B12 injections
- Comprehensive yearly physical
- Coordination of care and discharge planning with patient's chosen hospitalist when inpatient care is needed
- Extended "no rush" appointments
- Flu testing
- Home, hospital, nursing home, or rehab facility (courtesy) visits when needed or appropriate
- Most therapeutic injections (ex. antibiotic and steroid injections)
- Pregnancy testing
- Same day or next urgent appointment guarantee
- Some minor procedures (ex. skin biopsy, incision/drainage)
- Strep testing
- Unlimited visits
- Weight loss management (prescribing of medication when medically necessary)
- Wholesale priced labs and medicines
Included in Yearly Physical
A yearly physical is a very important part of your preventative health. Dr. Williams will spend one hour with you and go over all of your age appropriate risk factors. You will receive a detailed action plan on how to reduce those risk factors. Below are the components of the detailed yearly physical.
* Note Not all would be included for some based on age/gender differences.
- Any specialist referrals
- CXR order
- DEXA scan order
- Full physical exam with PAP (for women)
- Labs (will be drawn in our office, and at the time of your visit, we will discuss with you which is the better cost option, using your insurance or wholesale priced labs)
- Mammography order
- Smoking cessation counseling
- Vascular screening order
- Weight loss counseling
About Dr. Erica Williams
Dr. Williams was born and raised in South Central Kentucky. She attended the University of Louisville, where she received her Bachelor's degree in Biology and then continued on to the School of Medicine, where she earned her Medical Degree in 2001. Afterwards, she completed Residency in Family Medicine, also at the University of Louisville, in 2004. While in Residency, she received the Resident Scholar/Clinical Improvement Award.
Dr. Williams has received many honors, including multiple "Top Docs" recognition by Louisville Magazine. This recognition is based on votes from other doctors on who they would refer their family members to for primary care. She was also voted "Best Family Doctor" by WHAS Best of Kentuckiana in 2013 and 2014. She also has received the Patient's Choice Award from Vitals.com for the past 6 years.
Dr. Williams is certified by the American Board of Family Medicine. She is a member of many organizations, including:
- American Academy of Family Physicians
- American Medical Association
- Greater Louisville Medical Society
- Kentucky Academy of Family Physicians.
Dr. Williams is married and has three children. In her spare time, she enjoys hiking with her family and traveling to new places.
Contact Direct Primary Care of Louisville today to make an appointment. They’re available Monday through Friday from 9:00 AM to 4:00 PM.
Erica D. Williams, M.D., PLLC
Direct Primary Care of Louisville
2400 Eastpoint Parkway Suite 490
Louisville, KY 40223
Phone: (502) 238-7040
Call Dr. Williams today at (502) 238-7040 to schedule a free consultation! You may also fill out the form below and we will reach out to you.
"Primary Healthcare Reimagined for the 21st Century"